Guest blog – Rita Appel – “Do Not Worry”

I would like to introduce Rita Appel this week in my guest blog. Rita joined our writer’s club (Women Writing for Christ – WWC) a few years ago and captured our hearts with her poems. I love her enthusiast spirit. It hasn’t come easy for her. She’s had many challenges in her life, but God has been faithful. Rita has used her pain to craft poems to help others. This particular one came out of a challenge at her workplace. I chose it because I can be a worrier and I’m sure many of you are too. Listen to her words.

Thanks Rita for sharing your heart with us. Please let her know how her poem touched you by posting a comment. Enjoy!

Do Not Worry

The day will start and the day will end
Yesterday is gone, tomorrow yet to come
Look to tomorrow, drawing always
From past experience, but live today

Today could be light and bright
Or dark and gloomy, you decide
We can only choose the paths
Not the destinations

Paths, choices, destinations
Always trusting in what’s right
Living, loving, doing
Always moving onward, never back

One choice, one step, one day
Ever focused on the Father
Loving, caring, guiding
He will always be there

As we trust in His strength,
We learn to hope
Knowing that as we travel
Some day in Him we will Rest.
(Rita Appel, May 2003)

7 comments for “Guest blog – Rita Appel – “Do Not Worry”

May 21, 2012 at 9:16 am

What an incredible poem. Your words and thoughts brought peace to my heart today. Thank you for this.

• May 21, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Isn’t it great, Di? I loved this poem. Such encouraging words!

2. Heather.
    May 22, 2012 at 8:38 am

A beautiful poem, Rita. Looking forward to more as He guides you. 🙂

• saucyappel
      May 22, 2012 at 9:01 am

Thanks Heather! Your appreciation means so much to me.

3. saucyappel
    May 22, 2012 at 8:45 am

Thank you for your uplifting words! It always lifts my spirit to know that Abba Father has blessed someone through my poems. Blessings to you both!

4. May 22, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Two of my dear writer friends in one place. I love it! Thanks for enriching my life ladies. I am truly blessed.

• saucyappel
      May 23, 2012 at 12:11 am

I’M the one who is blessed. I’m blessed to have such encouraging friends, who are loads of fun to boot! Thanks again for your encouragement. -R