Darkness Into Light – guest blog by Heather Joyes

I wanted to feature this poem by my friend Heather Joyes. Her beautiful story tells us about how God leads us from darkness into the light. Share with Heather your comments. She’d love to hear from you.

Darkness Into Light

Deep in the dark
Where shadows hark,
Lost in sin
He walks.
Too blind to see
The everlasting Light
That belies his plight.
The still small voice,
Calls and convicts
Right to the marrow.
Christ’s love infuses the spirit
Like rain permeates the soil
Before the harrow,
Prepared to bear precious fruit.
Repentant and humbled,
The call is answered
To walk in the Light.
Rejoicing in salvation.
darkness to light

9 comments for “Darkness Into Light – guest blog by Heather Joyes

1. susan steeves
    June 3, 2013 at 6:42 am

Great poem with piercing truths about our Saviour!!! Nice pic Dar…at a peaceful peace…

• Heather
      June 3, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Hi Sue, I love the picture that Darlene supplied as well as the opportunity to share my poem. I am glad you appreciate the message.

2. June 3, 2013 at 7:19 am

Heather, you never cease to amaze me! Your gift of poetry is incredible! Once again you have reached deep into the core of our need and put it so beautifully into words. Thanks, Dar for sharing Heather’s gift.

• June 3, 2013 at 7:41 am

Thanks Ruth. I absolutely loved this poem when she shared it with me! The contrast from darkness to light is so clear.

• Heather
      June 3, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Hi Ruth – so nice to hear from you. I appreciate your comments and validation. I wondered how it would be received. I loved the process of writing this one. Hope you enjoy the upcoming conference.

3. June 3, 2013 at 7:40 am

I agree, Sue. Heather has a gift of sharing God’s truths through her poems. Thanks for your comment. Yes, I can’t wait to spend time in our place of serenity!!! 🙂

June 3, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Thanks Heather for this. Very inspiring!

5. Heather
    June 4, 2013 at 8:57 am

Hi Diane, I appreciate your encouraging comment.

6. Heather
    June 8, 2013 at 9:32 am

Hello Janet:
    Thank you for your comment re-my poem. It is a great encouragement.