From My Playlist – Standing Strong and True (For Tomorrow)

Tomorrow we honour those who fought for our freedom and for those who continue to protect our freedom.

My grandfather fought in WWI and WWII. My uncles served in WWII.

My Uncle Bud shares our family’s story in this article from the Halifax Herald. (The “one girl” referred to in this article is my mom! 🙂 )

For my King and my country, I would do it again

Our family stood strong and true for their country. They fought for our freedom.

I couldn’t be more proud.

war brothers

Tomorrow, how about we talk to a veteran? Thank them for fighting for us.

Why don’t we thank someone in law enforcement? This past week my husband stopped to talk to a London police officer and thanked him for protecting our city. The officer was surprised because they are rarely acknowledged for what they do.

Why is that?

Why don’t we stand tall with those who serve? With those who have served?

remembrance day

After all…they risk their lives for us.

We need to honour all who serve on Remembrance Day and every day.

Standing Strong and True (For Tomorrow) by Ron Irving along with Lynda and Tom McKillip

Listen closely to the words of this powerful song!

Lest we forget.

8 comments for “From My Playlist – Standing Strong and True (For Tomorrow)

1. November 10, 2014 at 7:30 am

Excellent reminder, Darlene. Thanks so much!

November 10, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Powerful song Sissy…makes me proud . Also so proud of the legacy of our Chamber’s family in the Wars… Thanks to Uncle Bud for sharing this truth and honour about our family

• November 10, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Isn’t it a great song?!!! I’m so proud too! Uncle Bud did a great job sharing our family history in the war!

3. Heather.
    November 10, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Beautiful remembrance Darlene. Thank you for saluting those who stand strong and true to protect our freedom.

• November 10, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Thanks Heather. It’s so important to remember and salute. Thanks for stopping by!

November 15, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Dar you have such a gift for how you say things.. I am proud of you and I know God is too!!