Reader’s Life

When I was little you couldn’t get my nose out of a Nancy Drew book! I loved to get lost in a mystery with my favorite teenage detective. I remember my mom calling me to do my chores and I would say, “Just one more chapter.” To which she would reply, “Darlene, close that book. Now!”  🙂

nancy drew2

I still love to get buried in a good novel (whether it’s a physical book or an e-book!). It’s one of my favorite things to do. Just last weekend, I started a book on Saturday and finished it by Sunday night. There’s nothing like getting caught up in the plot, characters, and trying to figure out what will happen next. Love the surprises around every corner.

Novels create awesome memories and are one of the best things in a reader’s life. Taking time to put your nose in a book is well worth it!

How about you? Who was your favorite author as a child? What about now?

6 comments for “Reader’s Life

1. March 26, 2018 at 8:49 am

I loved Phyllis Whitney. I used to race to the library at school to grab another one of her books before anyone else could check it out.

• March 26, 2018 at 10:43 am

Hey, Loretta!! I loved her too. Great author! Thanks for stopping by.

2. March 26, 2018 at 10:28 am

I have so many favorite authors. One of my first favorites was Grace Livingston Hill. I learned to love her books when a friend of my Mama shared a book with me. I was a young teenager and very impressed with the stories.

• March 26, 2018 at 10:44 am

Hi there! I loved reading hers as well. Great stories!! Thanks for stopping by.

3. March 26, 2018 at 5:14 pm

Nancy Drew! Then I turned 10 and got my first library card. After that, it was off to the races.

• March 27, 2018 at 7:54 am

Hi there! Yes, Nancy Drew was the best! I couldn’t get enough of those books. I bet you had a lot of great options at the library. Thanks for stopping by!