Growing up, I was better known as “Red” or “Carrot Top,” but ever since I picked up my first Nancy Drew book, I’ve always loved a good mystery. That’s when my love of writing took hold of my heart. I started writing my own “Mindy Dobson” mystery series! Unfortunately, the spark faded and life happened. I grew up and put my writing on the back burner.
Years flew by and after rough roads, I picked up my pen again. With the spark re-ignited, I joined a writer’s club (WWC – Women Writing for Christ, London, ON) and my passion for writing grabbed my heart. I knew God wanted me to write my story, but it wouldn’t happen right away.
I started taking writing courses through the Christian Writer’s Guild (CWG) to grow my skills and after a few years, I graduated from the Craftsman course. I’ve written devotionals, articles (personal experience, travel, inspirational), and short stories. I’ve attended writers conferences with Write Canada, CWG, and American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW).
I began this blog to share my story. You can find it under My Story. Since then I’ve blogged about various lessons I learned from my mother under Mama’s Patchwork, my trip to Israel under Holy Land Highlights, how we can relate to God’s word under Still True Today, fun pictures under Picture This, and various other series. I write book and movie reviews. My newest category is fast becoming my favorite – Coffee & Conversations with Women of the Bible. Check out all of my categories and leave me a comment. There’s something for everyone! I’d love to hear from you.
I also fulfilled my dream of writing contemporary romantic suspense books. I’m now working on a trilogy.
I’ve experienced incredible journeys throughout my life. Some exciting. Others heart-wrenching. Even though I questioned “Why?” at times, I’m grateful God allowed them to happen. They made me stronger. God is good. All the time.
I pray you will travel with me on this journey of Dream Believe Fly. Laugh with me. Cry on my shoulder. Give me your thoughts.
P.S. I’ve remarried since the journey I blog about under the category My Story. I’m currently living in London, Ontario with my husband Jeff.
- American Christian Fiction Writers
- The Word Guild
- Romance Writers of America
- Apprentice/Journeyman alumni of the Christian Writers Guild
- Craftsman alumni of the Christian Writers Guild
- Winner of the 2017 ACFW Genesis contest (Romantic Suspense category)
- Placed third in the 2017 Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense, Inspirational Unpublished category
- Placed third in the 2017 Great Expectations contest – North Texas Romance Writers of America Chapter (Inspirational category)
- Winner of the 2016 Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense, Inspirational Unpublished category
- Winner of the 2016 Golden Leaf Award in the Excellence for an Unpublished Novel category
- Finalist in the 2016 ACFW Genesis contest
- Placed second in the 2016 (RWA) Indiana Golden Opportunity Contest (Inspirational category)
- Finalist in the 2015 First Impression contest
- Semi-finalist in the 2015 ACFW Genesis contest