Guest blog – Heather Joyes

Hi friends! I’m creating a new category within my site called “Guest Blogs” where I will feature different pieces by fellow writers from time to time.

This week my good friend Heather Joyes has agreed to let me include one of her poems. I’ve known Heather for a number of years and she is part of our Women Writing for Christ (WWC) writer’s club here in London, Ontario. Heather loves to write poem and you’ll see from the one below she’s very talented! Each word she includes is carefully chosen and scripted into a pattern that captures your heart. Heather wrote this poem after the death of a good friend.

Thanks Heather for sharing your heart. Please let her know how much you like her poem by posting a comment. Enjoy!

The bond of love
Death does not part,
Its meaning deepens
As understanding fills the heart.
God’s Son,
Our indescribable treasure,
Given that we may know
Perfect love without measure.
(by Heather Joyes)
Β

8 comments for “Guest blog – Heather Joyes

April 23, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Very nice Heather. What an amazing God we serve eh? God bless you.

• Heather.
      April 23, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Thank you Diane. Your comments are an encouragement. I don’t think it is possible to encapsulate fully the extent of HIs love for us – He is more than amazing. Blessings to you, ❀ Diane. πŸ™‚

2. Ruth Waring
    April 23, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Why am I not surprised at such a beautiful poem, written with such depth and meaning! Heather, you are a gifted poetess, but then I’m sure I’ve shared that belief with you before! Miss you and the rest of WWC.

• Heather.
      April 24, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Ruth, πŸ™‚ I am delighted you like the poem. I miss you and your thoughtful ways and comments very much. I know WWC hope that you will be able to join us for a club meeting and/or coffee catch-up soon. Will write. Love in Him, Heather.

3. April 25, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Heather’s poems have tremendous depth, as does her heart. I very much appreciate Heather’s contribution to WWC and to my life. She is a dear friend.

• Heather.
      April 25, 2012 at 4:03 pm

❀ I am speechless – almost πŸ™‚ I appreciate your unfailing support and friendship.

4. susan steeves
    April 27, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Heather this poem has so much truth to it.Sometimes our heart doesn’t truly understand the great love we can have for each other til we experience the loss of someone so dear.Thanks for expressing your heart through this beautiful poem.

• Heather.
      April 28, 2012 at 10:31 am

Thank you Susan. No truer words. Expressing this poem has brought more than ever to me the importance of demonstrating His love to those we know and meet in Christ. I am glad it spoke to you. πŸ™‚