Whispers of the Season

I’m still having a hard time believing that Christmas is here again! Where did 2013 go? I have no idea. 😀

It’s Christmas week and we’re celebrating how Love came down to us in the form of a baby. He didn’t come with flashing lights and a megaphone blaring his name. He came in the still of the night in a lowly manger.

Dec 15This Christmas I’ve been reminded many times of this, so the gift I want doesn’t involve a lot of hoopla. I want to concentrate on the whispers of the season. The stillness. I’ve been reading Ann Voskamp’s book The Greatest Gift: Unwrapping the Full Love Story of Christmas and this passage struck me. Listen to this:

You could wake on Christmas only to grasp that you never took the whole of the Gift the wide expanse of grace. So now we pause. Still. Ponder. Hush. Wait. Each day of Advent, He gives you the gift of time, so you have time to be still and wait.

I certainly don’t want to miss this, so I will stay quiet and wait. Not for Santa, but for the gifts God has given me.

Thank you, Father.

Are you waiting in silence or are you blaring your frustrations for all to hear? Let’s be still and let the Lord whisper to us.

Labor of Love (written by Andrew Peterson, performed by Point of Grace)

This is one of my favorite Christmas songs. I can’t even fathom what Mary went through giving birth to Jesus. Wow.

Jeff and I want to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Enjoy your Christmas!!

jeff and dar

8 comments for “Whispers of the Season

1. Lois McGibbon
    December 23, 2013 at 7:58 am

Thank you for your lovely Christmas card. Merry Christmas to you and Jeff. Wishing you the peace and love of the season. Bill and Lois

• December 23, 2013 at 2:09 pm

You’re very welcome Lois! Have a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year! xo

December 23, 2013 at 8:43 am

Merry Christmas to two very special people to Eldon and I.

3. akpollock
    December 23, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Merry Christmas to you and Jeff, as well. I pray 2014 is a blessed year for us all. Anna Pollock

• December 23, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Thanks, Anna! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well! God bless.

4. susan steeves
    December 24, 2013 at 8:00 am

Love this post Sissy…Stillness on Christmas Eve is so …special.I love the quote you wrote …still…ponder…hush…I am going to try to embrace this today and tomorrow.Love ya sis

• December 26, 2013 at 9:04 am