From My Playlist – The Very Next Thing

I’m a dreamer.

I think about what’s going to happen down the road. I picture myself signing books or even perhaps winning awards. Is that wrong? I don’t think so, but . . .

What about today? Am I missing out on something happening right before my eyes?

How many times do we wish the day away, the season, or even the year? I’m guilty.

I can’t wait until . . .

How many times have I said that?

We have to live in the moment and be thankful for what the Lord has given us today.

Today.

Don’t get me wrong. There’s nothing wrong with dreaming. However, we don’t want to look back and regret not taking time to savor the moment. Missing things I should be seeing today.

Yes, big things may be off in the distance, but let’s not forget about living in the here and now.

Live each moment as the very next thing.

And let Him use you.

What about you? Do you find yourself daydreaming on what could happen tomorrow?

The Very Next Thing by Casting Crowns

Listen to the words of this great song.

6 comments for “From My Playlist – The Very Next Thing

June 19, 2017 at 7:54 am

Yes we all do this Sissy…it’s hard to wait for the things we dream about…but you are right we must embrace each day.I love this song too…

• June 19, 2017 at 8:36 am

Waiting can be so hard, but we must savor each moment. Thanks for stopping by! xo

2. June 19, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Casting Crowns is one of my favorite groups. Hubby says we would follow them all over the world if we could. 🙂 Blessed to have seen them in concert several times and they are wonderful. Love this song and the message !!!

• June 19, 2017 at 7:51 pm

Yes, they are one of my faves too! Awesome sound and powerful songs. Great combination! Thanks for stopping by. God bless.

3. June 19, 2017 at 6:54 pm

This is something I find myself doing all too often. A good reminder to enjoy the journey. Thank you.

• June 22, 2017 at 6:56 am

Hi Melanie. We’re all guilty of it from time to time. Thanks for stopping by! God bless.