Dead or Alive?

Do you believe a picture is worth a thousand words? I hope so! I’m starting another series on my blog and I would LOVE for you to participate. From time to time I will post a picture. Put your thinking caps on and tell me the first thing that comes to mind. It could be just a few words or more. Here are some suggestions:

– a story

– some type of saying

– a Bible verse

– a memory from your childhood

– how it inspires you

Anything! Just put your words in the comments section. I can’t wait to hear what you think about the first one.

What comes to mind with this Dead or Alive picture? Tell me below.  At the end of the week I will tell you what I think, but I didn’t want to influence your thoughts!

Have fun and Picture This!

P.S. I will still be posting in my “Still True Today” series…just wanted to have some picture fun every now and then. Enjoy!

dead or alive

23 comments for “Dead or Alive?

1. August 26, 2013 at 8:57 am

I see tangled roots which makes me think of the many way we complicate our lives and the tangled mess God faces to straighten us out. I’m just glad there’s nothing too difficult for HIM.

• August 26, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Love it Loretta!!! I didn’t see the tangled roots….but something else that I’ll share at the end of the week. Love your insight. Thanks!!!

2. Brenda
    August 26, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I thought the same thing as Loretta but also saw the new growth that still managed to come out of the tangled mess. That’s God working through our tangled messed!

• August 26, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Ahhhh….you and I are on the same wavelength. I also see new growth! It ties in nicely to Loretta’s tangled roots. Thanks ladies. You rock! 😀

3. August 26, 2013 at 5:17 pm

While the roots are tangled, I see growth. And the biggest growth often happens during the ‘tangled’ parts in people’s lives. So to me this represents growth from struggle and chaos.

• August 26, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Thanks Devani! You’re so right…the biggest growth does happen in the tangled parts. Love it. 😀

4. August 26, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Love this idea, Darlene. Here’s my thought (a Bible verse): “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
    (Jeremiah 17:7-8)

• August 26, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Awesome, Thanks Joan. Love this verse. Perfect.

This is so much fun!!! 🙂

5. August 26, 2013 at 5:47 pm

I see life in spite of death

6. Kurt Poole
    August 26, 2013 at 5:49 pm

I thought of Anne Dillards book, A Pilgrim At Tinker Creek.

• August 26, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Excellent, Kurt. I love how pictures can make us all see things differently. Thanks for stopping by.

7. susan steeves
    August 26, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Hey Sissy, I love this pic and all the comments about it are amazing and true. Its harder for me to comment as I was with you when we seen this neat tree. I would say it could show there are definite seasons in our life when we feel dead and messed up but there is hope of NEW life happening at the same time!!!

• August 26, 2013 at 8:08 pm

I see HOPE as well. Hope with new life. Love it. Thanks sissy.

8. Eunice Roberts-Brown
    August 27, 2013 at 6:29 am

What a tangled web we weave when we first practice to deceive Just happened to think of that saying reading some of your friends comments. Eunice.

• August 27, 2013 at 10:38 am

Yes, that’s a good saying for the tangled roots. Thanks, Eunice.

9. August 27, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Thought I’d write my comment here too.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any one be in Christ he is a new creation, old things are passed away, behold all things are become new.

10. Stephen Ward
    August 27, 2013 at 9:22 pm

I see six Allied prisoners of war held in the toughest POW camp in all of Germany. I see a proud, but bumbling commandant and his jovial sergeant trying to keep up with the prisoner’s antics. There problems from the commandant’s general and the local Gestapo Major. But through it all these prisoners persevere. DISSSSSSSSMissed!

• August 28, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Wow…first Gilligan’s Island from your comment on FB and now Hogan’s Heroes. You see a lot in one picture! LOL! 😀

August 27, 2013 at 10:02 pm

I see out of a lot of death of dreams a new beginning and new hope and new dreams.

• August 28, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Nice! I like it. Thanks Di!

• September 1, 2013 at 6:21 pm

My turn to tell you my thoughts. When I first saw this tree, I knew I had to take a picture of it. I told my sister, “There’s a blog in there somewhere.” I see new life. Admit the pain of this world there is hope and new life. It also reminds me of Spring and the new life that spurts up! I can’t wait for you to see tomorrow’s picture. Thanks for having fun with me on my first “Picture This” blog! Stop by for more.