Book Memories

When I was little you couldn’t get my nose out of a Nancy Drew book! I loved to get lost in a mystery with my favorite teenage detective. I remember my mom calling me to do my chores and I would say, “Just one more chapter.” To which she would reply, “Darlene, close that book. Now!”  🙂

nancy drew2

I still love to get buried in a good novel (whether it’s a physical book or an e-book!). It’s one of my favorite things to do. There’s nothing like getting caught up in the plot, characters, and trying to figure out what will happen next.

Books create awesome memories.

How about you? Who was your favorite author as a child? What about now?

10 comments for “Book Memories

1. November 25, 2013 at 9:38 am

I enjoyed several authors as a child. My favorite was Walter Farley and his Black Stallion novels. I also enjoyed the Hardy Boys and Chip Hilton stories.
    As adult, my favorite author is Elizabeth George. I also enjoy Jacqueline Winspear, Morgan Llwelyn, and Steven James.

• November 25, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I also loved reading the Hardy Boys!! Steven James is also one of my faves along with Ted Dekker.

2. Brenda Rumsey
    November 25, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I always enjoyed reading The Bobbsey Twins Mysteries as a child. Now there are too many to name. I walk into a book store and get lost in all the stories of every genre.

• November 25, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Thanks for stopping by Brenda! Yes, you’re right…there are so many great authors out there. Lots to pick from.

November 25, 2013 at 6:42 pm

My favorite books were the Little House on the Prairie books.. I loved them so much. I still have the set.

4. November 25, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Definitely the Little House series. I still have Farmer Boy practically memorized even though I haven’t read it in 20 years. My copy is literally held together with duct tape. 🙂

• November 27, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Wow…I’m amazed you still have the book–duct tape and all! Cool. Thanks for stopping by, Samantha!

5. November 27, 2013 at 2:27 pm

When I was little little, I loved Dr. Seuss and P.D. Eastman (still do, actually). Then came Carolyn Keene. “Just one more chapter” for sure. Now . . . that’s a tough call. Just about any book that “grabs me by the throat and won’t let go” has my vote.

6. November 27, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Those are some great ones too, Steph! It’s fun to go back and revisit our faves. 😀 Thanks for stopping by!