From My Playlist – I Can Only Imagine

Music whispered in the background as I held my mother’s hand. Her breathing came in rattled spurts, laboring in between longer breaks. When would her body give in?

My sister caressed Mom’s other hand. My brother and sister-in-law stood at the end of the bed.

We waited.

In silence.

Goosebumps formed on Mom’s arms.

Her eyes widened.

She gasped.

And slipped into eternity.

Our family often shares the story of when Mom died. It was gut-wrenching to watch, but at the same time we wouldn’t have wanted to be anywhere else. Why?

Because we were able to witness when Mom saw Jesus.

I noticed the goosebumps.

Sue saw her eyes widen.

Murray and Natalie had the bird-eye’s view at the end of the bed and saw her peaceful face.

I wonder…what did she do when she walked into Jesus’ presence? Did she dance? Did she kneel at His feet? Was she silent?

I can only imagine.

But, if I was a guessing person….I betcha Mom was giggling and dancing like a school girl when she first saw Him! I can just see her now standing on her tippy toes praising Him. There’s no way she sat still. Her knees would be bouncin’! 🙂 My Dad was probably grinning ear to ear.

Can you imagine what it will be like when we see Jesus and walk with Him? When we stand in His presence, how will we act?

imagine

I’m not sure. I think we’ll have times when we won’t be able to speak and times when we will dance.

We will be in awe at His radiance and glory.

What a day that will be!

I can only imagine.

What do you think you’ll do when you see Jesus?

Revelation 1:16b-17 (NIV)

“His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance. When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.”

I Can Only Imagine (written by Bart Millard)

I wanted to share Lynn Hickey’s version of this beautiful song. This was at the Acoustic Café in London, Ontario.

Close your eyes as she sings and imagine….

9 comments for “From My Playlist – I Can Only Imagine

1. henrymclaughlin
    January 26, 2015 at 7:36 am

Excellent post, Darlene. Thanks for sharing a vary personal moment. It does make me imagine entering His presence.
    Thank you.

January 26, 2015 at 7:53 am

Thank you Sissy for reminding me of this most precious moment as we witnessed our Mom step into eternal peace into our Savior’s arms! I think she would of giggled and danced too!

• January 26, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Yes, she’s definitely would have giggled!!! 🙂 It was such a special moment for us all to share. xo

3. January 26, 2015 at 10:13 am

This is one of my all-time favourite songs. Thanks so much for including it, Dar.

4. January 26, 2015 at 3:15 pm

And thank you for sharing such a personal experience with us, my friend.

• January 26, 2015 at 7:48 pm

You’re very welcome. It’s an amazing song, isn’t it?!!

January 28, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Oh Dar.. this made me cry.. I was with Dad when he took his last breath and I truly can only imagine what its like and what Dad is doing?? I’m sure he has corralled all the animals and made friends.

• January 29, 2015 at 6:18 pm

I chuckled when I read your response. Perhaps our dads are taking care of the animals together! 😀